About the RHEDcloud Project
Every cloud user, cloud service provider, and cloud platform provider must assess risk and implement controls in the shared responsibility model of cloud services. The RHEDcloud Project helps solve common problems by collaborating to:
- Identify security risks, controls, and countermeasures to meet compliance requirements
- Provide common implementation frameworks for security controls and countermeasures for multiple cloud platforms
- Implement common interfaces and automation required to integrate cloud platforms with on-premises security, network, and identity management infrastructure
The Project's activities benefit a wide range of individuals and entities, including higher education institutions, medical and healthcare providers, cloud platform providers, cloud service providers, financial institutions, and government entities. The Project's activities assist these users and providers in securely maintaining confidential information and complying with rules, regulations and laws related to the storage, transmission, and processing of confidential information.
The Project's activities include:
- Promoting and assisting in collaborative research and software development through data collection and documentation of security requirements and risk assessments
- Releasing collected data, analysis, and common products
- Creating and releasing educational materials and coordinating educational opportunities
The Project's organizational members are:
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Emory University & Emory Healthcare
- Google, LLC
- Merck KGaA
- Smartronix Inc.
- University of Colorado
- University of Washington
- Rice University
- Duke University
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
University of Minnesota
- Palo Alto Networks
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Avaap USA, LLC
- Princeton University
- Southern Methodist University
The RHEDcloud Project is governed by the RHEDcloud Foundation and its Board of Directors comprised of one representative from each member organization. The Project is administered by the officers of the RHEDcloud Foundation. The current officers are:
Richard Mendola, President (Emory University and Emory Healthcare)
- Klara Jelinkova, Vice President (Rice University)
- Hunter Ely, Vice President (Palo Alto Networks)
- John Connerat, Treasurer (Emory University and Emory Healthcare)
- Stephen Wheat, Secretary (Emory University and Emory Healthcare)
For more background and details on the project, visit the project's public wiki.